Absentee voting available for June 8 General Election
Absentee voting for the June 8 Municipal General Election is going on now, with ballots available in the City Clerk’s Office 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The clerk’s office will also be open 8 a.m. until noon on two Saturdays prior to the general election — May 29 and June 5. June 5 is the in-person absentee voting deadline.
All eligible absentee voters must present an acceptable form of photo ID prior to receiving a ballot. Eligible voters may request an absentee ballot by mail by requesting, receiving and returning a ballot by mail to the city clerk. Absentee ballots returned by mail must be postmarked on or before June 8, and received by the City Clerk’s Office within five business days — June 15 at 5 p.m.
Brookhaven political offices to be decided on June 8 are:
• Mayor — Incumbent Republican Joe C. Cox vs. Democrat challenger Larry Jointer
• Chief of police — Incumbent Democrat Kenneth Collins vs. Republican challenger Mike Milholen
• Alderman at Large — Democrat Marilyn Dow-Harris vs. Republican Don Underwood
• Ward 3 Alderman — Democrat Charles J. Caston Sr. vs. Republican Troy Douglas
• Ward 6 Alderman — Incumbent Independent Shelley Harrigill vs. Democrat Andre’ D. Spiller